Claim Rural Payments Online

The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) pays out more than £2 billion each year through its Rural Payments Agency (RPA) to support farmers and food producers in England. CitizenSafe can verify your identity before you apply for rural payments online via GOV.UK. 

To register with CitizenSafe please click the link below:

Claim Rural Payments on GOV.UK

Start your registration

Tips and guides

CS blog image 16

Guide to claiming rural payments online

Farmers, crofters, foresters, food producers and other rural groups qualify for a very wide range of grants and incentives to help them manage the countryside. Rural payments can now be claimed online and this article shows you what you can do to secure your rural payments. 

Read more

CS blog image 11 Green

Applying for the Basic Payment Scheme online

The Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) is Europe’s largest grants and payment system supporting the farming industry. The deadline for BPS 2016 applications will be on the 16th of May, and this year, farmers in England will be able to submit their applications to the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) online, through GOV.UK Verify!

Read more

gov uk verify postcard 1170x300

GOV.UK Verify is replacing Government Gateway

Soon individuals will need to have their identities verified through GOV.UK Verify to access online government services. 

Read more

Why CitizenSafe?

We're the identity people. We offer a simple, secure and ethical identity verification service that helps you gain access to online government services.

Learn more about CitizenSafe 


Visit our FAQ page for useful answers to common questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, just get in touch.

Contact us