If you have forgotten your password you can simply go to the login page and select the forgotten password option. You then follow these steps to reset your password:
If you have forgotten your username you can simply go to the login page and select the forgotten username option. You then follow these steps to reset your username:
If you want to update your details, or if you think you made a mistake when you first registered, you can log into your CitizenSafe Account Manager any time and change your personal information.
We want to make sure you're always in control of your identity online. This means you can cancel your CitizenSafe account any time you wish. You may close Your CitizenSafe account at any time by following the account de-activation process under Your Profile. If you wish to use CitizenSafe services again in the future, you will need to create a new CitizenSafe Account by re-entering your personal information.
To change the mobile phone number used to receive your security codes you need to complete the following steps:
1. In ‘Account Manager’ log in using your username/password and SMS security code or Back-up security code (if you have lost your mobile phone) and go the ‘Login Options’ and then ‘Security Codes’ tab
2. Press ‘Remove this method’
3. Confirm the change by sending a code to your existing (old) mobile phone or if you have lost your phone press Additional Options and choose to confirm the change by entering one of your Back-up Security codes
4. You will get a confirmation message that this security method has been removed
5. You then need to go back into the ‘Security Codes’ tab in your ‘Account Manager’
6. Enter your new mobile phone number
7. Send a code to your new mobile phone number and confirm the security code in the box provided
8. You then need to enter one of the back-up security codes that you will have saved when you first registered with CitizenSafe. You will then have successfully updated the mobile phone number that the security codes get sent to, to enable you to log in
9. The phone number in your ‘My Profile’ section will still show your old phone number, so you will need to update it in your ‘My Profile’ too.
If you have lost your back up security codes you will need to contact the CitizenSafe Support line on 0333 566 8000.
If you think someone has managed to get access to your CitizenSafe login details, login to your Account Manager and update your password.
If you think someone has stolen your identity you should investigate it further. You can:
CitizenSafe is committed to providing the highest levels of care to all our customers. If you are in any way dissatisfied with the CitizenSafe service, then please let us know. This will help us to continually improve the CitizenSafe service we provide to you and our other customers.
What to do if you have a complaint:
Please contact us using one of the following methods:
Write to us: Compliance, CitizenSafe, The Foundation, Herons way, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9GB.
To help us investigate your complaint, please provide us with:
• Your full name, address and preferred daytime phone number
• Your email address
• A description of the complaint and the facts that have given you cause to complain
• The impact that this has had on you
• Your preferred method of contact i.e. telephone, email or letter
Our complaints procedure:
• Complaints can be made by letter or email.
• We take all complaints seriously and aim to address your concerns thoroughly, promptly, and politely.
• We will try to resolve your complaint immediately, however, this may not always be possible. In such circumstances we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint, using your preferred method of communication within one working day and will respond in full as quickly as possible thereafter
• We aim to resolve all customer complaints as quickly as possible or within 2 working weeks. However sometimes the length of time will depend on the issues involved. If it is not possible to reach a prompt conclusion, we will contact you with an explanation, and set out expected timescales by which matters should be resolved.
• Our final response will tell you what we have found, what we will do and why we came to that conclusion.
• Any correspondence will be treated in confidence. An exception will be made in the event that a third party is implicated by your complaint, and we need to discuss the details of your issue with them in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
• If you are still dissatisfied with our response then you have the right to escalate your complaint, to Government Department Services using this link:
CitizenSafe offers you the ability to choose from a number of different types of security codes to make your login more secure.
Security codes will help to keep your account secure, even if someone discovers your password. You will require a security code to set up your CitizenSafe account and then again every time you want to access a government service.
When you go to access a government service you will be required to login through your CitizenSafe account. To do this you will need your username, password, and a 4-digit security code.
You can get this security code in three ways:
None of these codes cost you money to receive or use.
If you register with us now, we'll be able to use the information you supply as part of your identity verification. Our service is secure and trusted, and we'll make your check as easy for you as possible.